Sunday, February 13, 2011

Best French Dip EVER!

Yesterday I fixed the Pioneer Woman's Drip Beef and it was to die for! I will give you the recipe I used. She has 2 ways you can fix it but I went with the 2nd one. I don't have a picture because we ate them so fast I didn't have time to take one! Ha! I borrowed her picture!



1 whole 2.5-4 lb Chuck Roast ( I put pepper on the meat before I put it in)
1 large onion, sliced thick
1/4 cups of butter
3 cloves of garlic (I used 3 spoonfuls of wet minced garlic)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 cup Sherry (I used cooking Sherry)
1/2 tea salt
4 cups water
I added some Rosemary to!
Toasted, buttered Deli Rolls
Provolone Cheese!!


Heat butter in a heavy pot over medium-high heat. Saute the onions for a couple of minutes, or until starting to get brown.

Set chuck roast on top of the onions. Add all remaining ingredients. Cover pot and simmer (very low heat) on the stove for 6 hours, or until beef is fork-tender and falling apart. **If meat is not yet tender, return to oven for 30 minute intervals till it’s tender!** Shred meat with two forks until all large chunks are gone. Serve immediately or continue to simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

*Mixture can be refrigerated overnight. Remove hardened fat from top of pan before reheating

Toast your bread in the oven with butter and provolone cheese and then put your meat on! Get some liquid out of the pot in a little cup to dip!




1 comment:

  1. Eeeeeeek I have looking for the Perfect French Dip Recipe for the hubs he loves french dip sandwiches and I am so snagging up this one! Thanks so much girlie...you are super mommy!!

    xoxo
    Happy V Day
    Sums

    ReplyDelete