Friday, July 23, 2010

18 Months and New Room!!

Happy 18 months to Finn and Harper today! I can't believe that Finn is already 18 months. He is changing so much everyday. Jared and I were sitting in the floor playing with him the other night and talking about how his look is changing. He has been such a good child and such a blessing to us. He can be a bully at times, throw his fits, be very stubborn, but for the most part he has been the sweetest little boy! I will be happy if we have another boy just like him, BUT a girl would be fun to!!

Thanks for all your helpful and sweet comments!
I think we have decided to go ahead and move Finn into a big boy bed! I'm not sure if I am ready for the getting up and down at night, but we do have a good night routine that we have done since day one. So I think that will help! It's going to be something that we will have to go through sooner or later and I just don't want to buy another crib!

So, with that being said I will show you what I have in mind for his room! I had seen this room in the Pottery Barn Kids magazine and I really liked it for Finn.


Of course they are out of this bedding in the size I need. So I found a quilt at Target that I like and I'm going to pair it with some of these things from PB.





I'm going to make it have a rustic look. I'm not one on having a theme for a room, I just like having all different things. Now I just have to find a bedroom set that I like and figure out what color to paint his room! I find out what I am having on August 2nd so then I can start planning that room to! This next week will probably go by sooo slow!!

5 comments:

  1. very cute. ethans room is done ina rustic theme like this.. i bought the stuff at target.. but i think its been discontinued... but its from the woolrinch collection.. however u spell it.! lolhappy 18months to Finn and harper!jenny b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 18 mths Finn and Harper that is so neat they are the same age.... how fun...

    Glad you chose to put him in a big boy bed that will be so fun decorating his room....I love what you chose super cute theme....I am loving the canoe with his name on it....

    Can't wait to find out what you are having
    Keep us posted
    xoxo
    Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love all of the cute stuff PB has! Colson's first big boy room was a Sailboat theme, but when we move into the new house he's asked for a Sports room so we're getting the Junior Varsity bedding from Pottery Barn. Good luck with the transition!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy b'day to your little man and your sister's! I'm such a fan of all PB stuff, and PB kids is just adorable! His room is going to be so cute! So exciting that you'll find out what you're having in the next few weeks! Any guesses? Can't wait to read that post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww love the room and I CAN NOT WAIT to find out what you are having!

    ReplyDelete